SAIL organises distribution of assistive device to Persons with Disabilities
New Delhi: Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), the Maharatna Steel Public Sector, distributed assistive devices to Divyangjans across the country through its Plants/Units and Corporate Office at New Delhi. On this occasion, at the Corporate Office, an exhibition stall was also inaugurated by the Chairman, SAIL, Shri Amarendu Prakash where handicraft items produced by Divyangjans and others at different CSR centres across SAIL plants were displayed.
SAIL engaged Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO), a Mini-Ratna CPSE as an Implementing Agency for identifying the beneficiaries, and their needs and providing assistive aids under SAIL’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).Read Also : 48 Unemployed Gain Valuable Skills in NLCIL-NPTI CSR Initiative
Sri Amarendu Prakash, Chairman, SAIL along with the Director of Finance, Director of Personnel, Director of Technical Projects & Raw Materials and other senior officials of the Company were present during the event at New Delhi. The function has been organised across all Plants/ Units of SAIL today and assistive aids are being distributed to identified beneficiaries on PAN India level.
This endeavour of SAIL will continue across several SAIL locations in the country. Assistive devices like Tricycle, Motorized Vehicles, Calipers, Hearing Aids, Smart Phones, Smart Canes etc, were distributed under this initiative.
Currently, SAIL supports various organisations dedicated for Divyangjans at its Plant locations like ‘School for Blind, Deaf and Mentally Challenged Children’, ‘Home and Hope’ at Rourkela, ‘Ashalata Kendra’ at Bokaro, ‘Handicapped Oriented Education Program’ and ‘Durgapur Handicapped Happy Home’ at Durgapur, and ‘Cheshire Home’ at Burnpur.Read Also : ACWA Power and L&T Select Nextracker’s All-Terrain Solar Trackers for Al Kahfah Solar Park
News Must Read
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore
- SECL Makes History as First Coal Company to Procure Over Rs 10,000 Crore via GeM
- How RVNL's share takes boom today..