SJVN conferred with two SCOPE Awards
Within a span of two years, SJVN has successfully commissioned one hydro and two solar projects. With this development, the installed capacity of SJVN now stands at 2226.5 MW.
SHIMLA: SJVN has won ‘SCOPE Excellence Award in Institutional Category II’ and ‘SCOPE Meritorious Award for Corporate Social Responsibility & Responsiveness’ for the Year 2016-17. Hon’ble Vice President of India, Sh. Jagdeep Dhankhar presented the awards during a glittering ceremony held at New Delhi today.
An eminent panel of Jury chaired by the Former Chief Justice of India selected the winners of the SCOPE Awards in 2016-17. Due to the global pandemic, the award ceremony was delayed. These awards along with SCOPE Eminence Award 2019-20 were awarded in the ceremony held at New Delhi today.Read Also : THDCIL conferred with prestigious 1st Prize for ‘Advancement in Green Mobility
Sh. Nand Lal Sharma said that the ‘SCOPE Excellence Award in Institutional Category II (Miniratna I & II PSEs)’ has been awarded for the commitment of the company in the growth of the power sector. SJVN is on a rapid expansion and capacity addition journey. With a total project portfolio of 59772 MW, the company is marching forward to achieve its Mission of 12000 MW by 2026 and Shared Vision of 50000 MW installed capacity by 2040.
Within a span of two years, SJVN has successfully commissioned one hydro and two solar projects. With this development, the installed capacity of SJVN now stands at 2226.5 MW.Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
The second award ‘SCOPE Meritorious Award for Corporate Social Responsibility & Responsiveness’ has been conferred in recognition to the exceptional organizational efforts in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility.
CSR initiatives undertaken by SJVN through its registered trust ‘SJVN Foundation’ are benefiting stakeholders across all sections of the society.
Till date, more than Rs. 412 Crores have been spent on various CSR activities in the areas of Education & Skill development, Health & Hygiene, Infrastructural Development & Community Asset Creation, Preservation & Promotion of Local Culture and Sports, Sustainable Development and Assistance during Natural Disasters etc.Read Also : HPCL and Birmingham University join hands
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention