Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project Achieves Construction of Dam till Top Level
The Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy Shri R. K. Singh had, on May 31, 2023, reviewed the progress of the project.
New Delhi: In a significant milestone towards completion of the 2,000 Mega Watt Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project located in Arunachal Pradesh and Assam and being executed by NHPC Limited, the construction of dam till the top level of Elevation Level (EL) 210 M has been completed in all blocks on June 29, 2023.
[Elevation level here means height with respect to mean sea level.] The Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy Shri R. K. Singh had, on May 31, 2023, reviewed the progress of the project, at which time it was informed that the project had achieved significant progress in dam concreting, with 14 blocks having achieved top level of 210 meters and the remaining two blocks slated to be completed by June 2023.Read Also : IOC bids farewell to H.S. Rajpal, Executive Director (Law)
NHPC has informed that more than 90% of the total work of the project has already been completed. The construction of all major components, including Dam, Power House and Hydromechanical Works is fast progressing towards completion.
The remaining work of radial gates will be completed after the monsoon season and electricity generation is expected to begin by the end of Financial Year 2023-24.
On completion, the Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project will generate approximately 7,500 million kilowatt-hours of power annually, in a 90%-dependable year.
Read Also : Sunil Verma ED (Marketing, Retail LNG, JV) leaves GAIL after 32 glorious years
NHPC Limited commenced construction work of Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project in January 2005 after obtaining forest clearance on October 12, 2004. However, due to agitations and protests by local stakeholders, the project construction work was stalled from December 2011 to October 2019. The project construction resumed from October 15, 2019, after the clearance by National Green Tribunal.Read Also : Unlocking Success: GAIL Project Meet
News Must Read
- SJVN synchronizes Second Unit of Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project
- BCCL starts Commercial Operations of 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'
- Power Minister inspects 2000 MW Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project
- Coal India expects to increase e-auction volume twice in H2 FY2024