THDCIL dedicates India's Largest Electrolyser End Fuel Cell based Green Hydrogen Pilot Project at Rishikesh
The project developed at the office complex in Rishikesh was inaugurated by Sh. R. K. Vishnoi, Chairman and Managing Director, THDCIL in the presence of Sh. Shallinder Singh, Director (Personnel) and Sh. Bhupender Gupta, Director (Technical), along with all other senior officers of THDCIL.
Rishikesh: THDC India Limited, a leading Power Sector PSU, has also established a benchmark in Green Hydrogen production, by successfully implementing India's one of its First Pilot Projects aligned with the "National Green Hydrogen Mission" on the auspicious occasion of the 75th Republic Day.
The project developed at the office complex in Rishikesh was inaugurated by Sh. R. K. Vishnoi, Chairman and Managing Director, THDCIL in the presence of Sh. Shallinder Singh, Director (Personnel) and Sh. Bhupender Gupta, Director (Technical), along with all other senior officers of THDCIL.Read Also : Coal India signs JV Agreement with BHEL
Hon’ble Cabinet Minister for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Sh. R. K. Singh also recently emphasized the government's commitment to energy transition and India's Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) commitment to reduce emissions intensity. Hon’ble Minister also highlighted the Importance of Various Initiatives under the Ambit of National Green Hydrogen Mission which will contribute to India’s aim to become Aatmanirbhar through clean energy and serve as an inspiration for the global Clean Energy Transition.Read Also : NCL exceeds 125 million tonnes of coal production
Sh. Vishnoi informed that the Pilot Project will produce 50KG of Green Hydrogen on daily basis sourcing input energy from 1MW Rooftop Solar Plant, the produced Green Hydrogen will be stored in 2nos of Storage Tanks and shall be utilized in night hours for illumination of THDCIL office Complex though a 70 Kw PEM Fuel Cell.
The Project will be India's Largest Electrolyser End Fuel Cell based Pilot Project. This notable achievement by THDCIL serves as a demonstration of key technologies involved in Green Hydrogen Production, H2 storage, and features a PEM (Proton Exchange Membrane) Hydrogen fuel cell-based microgrid system. This initiative underscores THDCIL's dedication to advancing sustainable practices and embracing innovative solutions in the realm of Green Energy.Read Also : Coal India First Aid Competition 2024 ' concludes at WCL
News Must Read
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut