WCL celebrated 75th Republic Day with joy
Republic Day was celebrated with great enthusiasm on 26 January 2024 in WCL. In a function organized at the grounds of the company's Indore campus, WCL Chairman-cum-Managing Director Mr. Manoj Kumar hoisted the national flag and inspected the security parade. Further, he addressed Team Vecoli and presented awards to the outstanding security personnel.
Chairman-cum-Managing Director Shri Manoj Kumar in his address said that the coal production, OB removal and dispatch done by WCL in this financial year is the highest for this period in any financial year since its inception.
Sharing the status as of 22.01.2024, he said that WCL has produced a total of 49.21 million tonnes of coal, dispatched 54.58 million tonnes of coal and removed 316.9 million cubic meters of overburden.Read Also : THDCIL conferred with prestigious 1st Prize for ‘Advancement in Green Mobility
This is 12.65 %, 15.05% and 31.05% more respectively than last year. He further highlighted the achievements of the year in his address. He expressed confidence that WCL will definitely meet the target of coal production, dispatch and OB removal for this financial year.Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
In the ceremony, WCL Director Technical (Operations and Personnel) Shri J. P. Dwivedi, Director Technical (Planning and Project) Shri A. K. Singh and Chief Vigilance Officer Mr. Ajay Madhukar Mhetre, President of Jhankar Mahila Mandal Mrs. Anita Aggarwal, Vice President Mrs. Abha Dwivedi, Mrs. Indu Singh, Dr Sonali Mhetre and members of the Steering Committee and Welfare Board, Head of Department, senior officers and personnel were present.
In the Republic Day celebrations, all the areas of the company presented grand and attractive tableaux and enthralled everyone. The tableau of the Vani area was awarded the first prize, the tableau of the Majri area was awarded the second prize and the tableau of the Nagpur area was awarded the third prize.Read Also : HPCL and Birmingham University join hands
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention