NRDC Meritorious Invention Awards presented
The National Research Development Corporation (An Enterprise of DSIR, Ministry of Science and Tech., Govt. of India) organised its 43rd NRDC Meritorious Invention Awards Ceremony & Conference on “Leveraging Innovation Ecosystem for Accelerating Startups” on 24-25 March 2017 at Indian National Science Academy (INSA), Bahadurshah Zafar Marg, New Delhi.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Hon’ble Union Minister, Science and Technology & Earth Sciences presented NRDC Meritorious Invention Awards to the Awardees in presence of Secretary, DSIR, Dr. Girish Sahni. Other Senior officials of DSIR were also present there. Total no. of 10 Awards for the year 2014 and 04 Nos. of Awards for the year 2015 were presented. Shields and Certificate were also presented to the Awardees.
The Awards were presented in three categories like :
NRDC Invention Award
Shri Apoorva Balwani and Shri Devendra Jain of M/s. Pluss Polymers Pvt. Ltd., Gurgaon, Haryana have been jointly awarded Rs. 5 lakh for the development of “MiraCradle Neonate Cooler”.
Cdr. V. R. Dahake, Shri Rajesh Kumar Chak, Shri Ashwani Kumar Kushwaha of CSIR- Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute, Centre of Excellence Farm Machinery, Ludhiana and Dr. Rajeev Kumar Garg, Dr. Ram Kumar of CSIR-Central Road Research Institute, New Delhi have been jointly awarded Rs. 5 lakh for “Design and Development of an Indigenous Mobile Bridge Inspection Unit”.
- Shri Satish Kumar, Shri Ripul Ghosh, Shri Ashish Gaurav, Shri Siddhartha Sarkar and Shri Amarendra Goap of CSIR-Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIR-CSIO), Chandigarh have been jointly awarded Rs. 5 Lakh (Rupees Five Lakh only) for “Development of Earthquake Warning System for Regional Notification of Substantial Earthquake".
- Dr. Jyotiranjan Ota, Dr. Samik Kumar Hait, Dr. M.I.S. Sastry, Dr. C. Kannan and Dr. S.S.V. Ramakumar of Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Research & Development Centre, Faridabad have been jointly awarded Rs. 5 Lakh (Rupees Five Lakh only) for the innovation, " Development of Nano additized High-Therm LPG for Metal Cutting Applications".
NRDC Societal Innovation Award
- Dr. Shoor Vir Singh, Dr. Naveen Kumar, Shri Saurabh Gupta and Shri Kundan Kumar Chaubey, Animal Health Division, ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Goats, Makhdoom, Mathura, U.P. and Dr. Tapas Bhattacharya of Biovet Pvt. Ltd., Kolar, Karnataka have been jointly awarded Rs. 3 lakh for the development of “Indigenous Vaccine against Johne’s Disease in Domestic Livestock”.
- Dr. Tara Chandra Thakur, Shri S.P. Dhyani and Er. (Mrs.) Karuna Murmu of Department of Farm Machinery and Power Engineering, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand have been jointly awarded Rs. 3 lakh for the development of “Pant-ICAR Animal Drawn Six-in-one Tillage Outfit”.
- Dr. Dineshkumar Khimjibhai Antala, Dr. Raiyalal Meghji Satasiya, Dr. Ram Autar Gupta, Shri Jayantilal Valjibhai Bhuva and Dr. Pushpendrasingh Mangalsingh Chauhan, College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology, Junagadh Agricultural University, Junagadh, Gujarat have been jointly awarded Rs. 3 lakh for the “Design and Development of a Foldable Container for Minimizing Transportation Losses of Fruits and Vegetables”.
- Dr. Vrisha Madhuri & Dr. Sanjay Chilbule of Christian Medical College, Vellore and Prof. N.S. Dinesh, Mr. N.V. Chalapathi Rao & Mr. Pradyumna Kammaradi of Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru have been jointly awarded Rs. 3 Lakh (Rupees three lakh only) for the development of, “Padmapada –A Compliance Monitoring Clubfoot Brace”.
- Dr. S. K. Jalali, Dr. T. Venkatesan, Dr. R. Rangeshwaran, Dr. S. Sriram and Dr. G. Sivakumar of ICAR-National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources (ICAR-NBAIR), Bengaluru, have been jointly awarded Rs. 3 Lakh (Rupees three lakh only) for the Innovation, “Development and utilization of Pesticide and Abiotic Stress Tolerant Natural Enemies for Crop Pest Management: Developed Abiotic Stress and Insecticide”.
NRDC Budding Innovators Award
- Shri Balram Bhardwaj student of M.Tech, Biotechnology, Ambala College of Engineering & Applied Research, Ambala District, Haryana has been awarded Rs.1 lakh for the development of “Water Kinetic Energy Driven Hydro Turbine System, Type - VARUN- III”.
- Shri J. Gunaseelan and Shri K.Ganesh Prabhu students of Bachelor of Engineering, K.C.G College of Technology, Karapakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu have been jointly awarded Rs. 1 lakh for the development of “Refrigerator with Food Heater”.
- Shri Rohit Gupta student of Bachelor of Technology, Ceramic Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh has been awarded Rs. 1 lakh for the development of “Octaphenyl-Oligomeric Silsesquioxane and Carbon Soot Doped Polymer Matrix Composites for Ablative Applications”.
- Shri Abhijit Patil, Student of M.E. (Electronics), K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering Mumbai, Maharashtra has been awarded Rs. 1.00 lakh for the development of “Electronic Standing wheelchair”.
- Shri Nayan Bhatt student of M.S., Dept. of Applied Mechanics, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu has been awarded ` 1 lakh for the development of “Cost Effective Indigenous Data Glove”.
The Minister for Science & Technology Dr. Harsh Vardhan said that the Prime Minister has a lot of confidence in the youth to give the country a great advantage now. Speaking after presenting the Meritorious Invention Awards of National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) in New Delhi on 24 March 2017, he said that in this context the Prime Minister looks forward for a new India by 2022. The Minister said that due to demographic dividend of the country, the next 5-10 years are expected to be a kind of golden era for the country. He urged all to move with a great self-confidence and zeal to achieve the glory that is due for India. He said that there is a need for greater innovation in institutes like NRDC.
Secretary, DSIR and DG, CSIR Dr. Girish Sahni expressed his views that the NRDC with its good track record should further forge ahead to be a leader for taking the technology to the people particularly that which do not have sufficient financial support.
CMD, NRDC DR. H. Purushotham in his welcome address stated that the aim of the event was to encourage the inventiveness and inculcate the spirit of invention in the country by giving them awards for meritorious activities in various fields.
Various stakeholders, including governments and the scientific and academic communities, were present on this occasion.
News Must Read
- NMDC delayed commissioning of its newly demerged steel plant
- Power ‘Mini Ratna’ NHPC reports Net Profit up by 8% of Rs 3834 cr during FY23
- Salim G. Purushothaman assumed additional charge of CMD, BCL
- Union Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi inaugurates 1st Mining Start Up Summit at IIT Bombay
- MOIL double its digit production target in FY’24; Reports 250.59 cr profit in FY23
- ISRO launches GSLV NVS-01 mission
- WAPCOS and NLCIL's strategic collaboration for various development projects
- DMRC to monitor old buildings while carrying out tunnelling work
- PFC Q4 FY’23 Results: Clocked highest ever consolidated profit with 13% increase of Rs. 21,179 cr
- India gets its new Parliament House; PM Modi installed Sengol with Nandi