BEL Ghaziabad Signed MoU to provide Aids & Assistive devices to Divyangjan
Accessories & Aid amounting to Rs 50 Lac would be distributed to shortlisted beneficiaries under this MoU.
New Delhi: BEL Ghaziabad has been contributing meaningful CSR projects in the segment of Education, sanitation, vocational skill development etc., which are for the development & wellbeing of society at large. One such segment is disabled people. In India population of registered disabled community as per year 2011 census is 268.1 Lakh. Ghaziabad has 1, 44,305 disabled population, out of which 79,869 are male and 64,436 are female.
Many of them are not able to afford costly assistive devices and the guidance of doctors and consultants from this domain. Helping these people & giving due care by providing them aids and assistive devices is a Nobel contribution.
BEL Ghaziabad signed MoU on 22nd Nov 2022 with the Artificial Limb Corporation of India (ALIMCO), a government of India undertaking under the ministry of social justice & empowerment, for assisting disabled people (Divyangjan), who have lost their physical or sensory organ by birth or due to an accident, face limitations in performing day to day activities, unlike otherwise normal people. Accessories & Aid amounting to Rs 50 Lac would be distributed to shortlisted beneficiaries under this MoU.
ALIMCO would now organise an assessment camp for shortlisting & check-ups in the month of December 2022. After medical examination (By panel doctors of ALIMCO) and due diligence (thru district disability officer) of beneficiaries, a Distribution camp would be organised in Ghaziabad in financial year 22-23.
Speaking on the occasion Mr Joydeep Majumder, Executive Director (NCS) & Unit Head told that “We want to improve life of needy/underprivileged people of our society in every possible manner and are taking new CSR initiatives in our organisation.” \
Mr Ajay Chaudhary, General Manager & CMO (ALIMCO) appreciated BEL’s CSR initiative and shared the details of new accessories ALIMCO is making for Divyangjans.
SDGM (CSR) Ms Aparna Tiwari, SDGM(MS) Ms Sangeeta Mangal, and senior officers from BEL Ghaziabad & ALIMCO were present on the occasion.Read Also : BEE collaborates with Andhra Pradesh State EnergyConservation Mission
News Must Read
- BEE collaborates with Andhra Pradesh State EnergyConservation Mission
- SECL Director (Finance) felicitated by ICMAI - WIRC
- BPCL lays foundation stone of new Petroleum, Oil and Lubricants depot
- Government, PSUs, and Defence sector experience 14% upsurge in hiring: foundit Insights Tracker
- 2G Refinery at Numaligarh to create huge employment opportunities: Hardeep S Puri
- Chief of Defence Staff India to Inaugurate HAL’s Avionics Expo 2023 in Delhi
- ONGC Gears Up for Oil Production From its Flagship Project
- MOIL's November Production up by 35% y-o-y
- IAF trainer aircraft crashed in Ravelli Village
- INS Sandhayak: GRSE delivers 'Largest Ever Survey Vessel to be built in the Country on Navy Day 2023