BEL receives Green Channel Status Certificate for two products
The Ministry of Defence promulgated the Green Channel Policy for promoting ease of doing business as part of its ‘Make in India’ initiatives.
New Delhi: BEL has been awarded Green Channel Status Certificate for two products: HUMSA NG and HUMSA UG. Lt Gen R K Malhotra, DGQA, & Rear Admiral Sanjay Sharma, ADGQA, is seen in the photos presenting the Green Channel certificate to the BEL Naval team comprising Mr Thandayuthapani M, AGM (Mfg/S&CS/NS)/BEL-Bangalore, Mr R Satyanarayana Murthy, Sr DGM (QA/NS-1)/BG, and Mrs Indu, DGM (QA/NS-1)/BG, at Sena Bhavan, New Delhi, on August 1, 2022. Mr R S Kutiyal, AGM (Navy-National Marketing), is also seen.
The Ministry of Defence promulgated the Green Channel Policy for promoting ease of doing business as part of its ‘Make in India’ initiatives. A mechanism has been set up to award Green Channel Status to firms with pre-defined financial and quality credentials for broad categories of items having continuous requirements in the Defence Forces. Responsibility of the inspection of goods is given to the firms, after their credentials are verified by the Green Channel Committee (GCC), comprising of various stakeholders from DGQA and the procurement ecosystem.
Green Channel Status is the authority given by the Purchaser to the Manufacturer to formally certify its products or stores on behalf of the purchaser or any other authority designated by him, after having verified the Firm’s infrastructure, quality policies, and practices to produce and supply goods of specified quality. The Purchaser’s confidence in the Firm’s Quality Assurance is the central tenet in awarding of Green Channel Status.Read Also : IOC bids farewell to H.S. Rajpal, Executive Director (Law)
News Must Read
- SJVN synchronizes Second Unit of Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project
- BCCL starts Commercial Operations of 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'
- Power Minister inspects 2000 MW Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project
- Coal India expects to increase e-auction volume twice in H2 FY2024