BEL to set up Cardiac Cath Lab in Govt Hospital, Haldwani
Haldwani, Uttrakhand: In a breather, not only for the local populace of Kumaon region, but the entire state of Uttarakhand and adjoining areas of Uttar Pradesh, Navratna Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) is setting up a Cardiac Cath Lab at the
Dr Susheela Tiwari Government Hospital, Haldwani, Nainital, as part of its CSR activities.
The Catheterisation Laboratory or Cath Lab, to be set up by BEL at an estimated cost of Rs. 9 Crores, will be the first-of-its-kind in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand, filling up a void that currently exists in this area, and benefitting patients from economically weaker sections of the society, of the entire state.
A Catheterization Laboratory, or Cath Lab, is an examination room where minimally invasive tests and procedures are performed to diagnose and treat cardiovascular diseases. The procedure can be an alternative to surgery to access the heart and blood vessels. Cath Labs are an important part of treating heart conditions to diagnose and treat coronary artery disease, heart attacks, chest pain, congestive heart failure, peripheral (limb) vascular disease, pulmonary hypertension and even pulmonary embolisms, also known as blood clots.
Dr Susheela Tiwari Government Hospital is well equipped to house the Cath Lab with backup support like Casualty, Blood Bank, CT Scan, MRI, Bio-Chemical and Pathological Laboratories, etc.
BEL has been a forerunner among Defence PSUs in promoting societal development. As a corporate entity, BEL actively participates in the social and economic development of communities in which it operates through CSR. BEL’s CSR activities are aimed at inclusive growth, holistic community development and empowerment of marginalised and underprivileged sections.Read Also : 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
News Must Read
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore