Bharat Gaurav Trains undertake 172 trips carrying over 96,000 tourists in 2023
New Delhi: Indian Railways introduced the concept of operating tourist trains on theme-based circuits under the banner of ‘Bharat Gaurav’ Tourist Trains.
These theme-based tourist circuit trains aim to showcase India's rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places. During 2023, total 172 trips of Bharat Gaurav Trains carrying 96,491 tourists have been operated covering various tourist destinations across the nation, spread in 24 States and Union Territories. These Trains have covered major tourist circuits like Shri Ram-Janaki Yatra: Ayodhya to Janakpur; Shri Jagannath Yatra; “Garvi Gujarat” tour; Ambedkar Circuit; North East tour.
Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
The journey undertaken on these trains are offered in the form of comprehensive tour packages wherein services like off-board travel and excursions by buses, stay at hotels, tour guides, meals, travel insurance etc are provided along with comfortable train journey and allied onboard services.
Ministry of Railways has given a concerted thrust for promotion of domestic tourism through provision of rail-based tourism with better quality coaches under Bharat Gaurav Train scheme. This is also in line with the Government of India initiatives ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ and ‘Dekho Apna Desh’ to encourage domestic tourism.Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
For more details, kindly visit https://www.irctctourism.com/bharatgaurav.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong