Coal Ministry accepts Request for Exclusion of Three Lignite Mines from Auction
Coal mines of Coal India Ltd (CIL) are also not being developed and captive coal blocks have also been kept out of purview of auction.
New Delhi: The goal of Ministry of Coal is to enhance coal production and to ensure adequate availability of coal for the fast growing economy of the country. As a result of efforts of the Ministry, the share of imports in total coal consumption reduced from 26% to 21% during last five years. Still, India is importing more than 200 Million Tonne (MT) of coal annually by incurring huge foreign exchange outflow.
Ministry of Coal has always kept in view the recommendations of MoEFCC and State Governments. No coal mine has even been auctioned by ignoring suggestions of MoEFCC.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
For example, the request of Government of Chhattisgarh to de-notify coal mines falling under Lemru Elephant Corridor have been accepted. Coal mines of Coal India Ltd (CIL) are also not being developed and captive coal blocks have also been kept out of purview of auction.Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
Areas beyond ‘Lemru Elephant Corridor’ have also been considered for exemption on the request of Government of Chhattisgarh. Over 40 new coal blocks having about 10% of reserve of Chhattisgarh has been decided to be kept out of coal mining.
Nine coal mines falling in dense Hasdeo-Arand coal field have also been kept out for further round of auctions of coal blocks. Similarly, the request of Government of Tamil Nadu for exclusion of three lignite mines from further auction process has also been accepted. These decisions of Ministry of Coal clearly indicate our responsibility to protect forest areas despite industry demands to put them under auction.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong