Coal Sector Achieves Impressive 10.6 % Growth in December Among Eight Core Industries
Cumulative index of coal industry grows 12.5% during April to December, 2023-24
New Delhi: The coal sector has showcased highest growth of 10.6 % (provisional) among the eight core industries for the month of December 2023 as per the Index of Eight Core Industries (ICI)) (Base Year 2011-12) released by Ministry of Commerce & Industries. The index of coal industry has reached 204.0 points during Dec’23 as compared to 184.4 points during the same period of last year and its cumulative index has increased by 12.5% during April to December, 2023-24 over corresponding period of the previous year.
The latest data indicates that the Combined Index of Eight Core Industries has shown an increase of 3.8% in December 2023, compared to the same period of previous year.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
The ICI measures the combined and individual production performance of eight core industries, viz. cement, coal, crude oil, electricity, fertilizers, natural gas, refinery products, and steel.
The coal sector (Weight 10.33% in ICI) has played a crucial role in overall growth of eight core industries representing double digit growth in last six months and substantially higher growth than the overall growth of eight core industries in last two financial years.Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
The impressive growth in the Index of Coal Industry can be attributed to a substantial surge in coal production during the month of December 2023, reaching 92.92 Million Tonne (MT), surpassing the figures of 83.91 MT of the corresponding month of previous year, representing a remarkable increase of 10.74%.
The exceptional expansion of the coal sector, coupled with its substantial role in propelling the overall growth of the eight core industries, stands as evidence of the Ministry of Coal's persistent endeavours and proactive initiatives. These efforts align with the vision of "Atmanirbhar Bharat" and contribute to the nation's progress towards self-sufficiency and energy security.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong