HAL to Open Office in Malaysia; tapping new business opportunities
The office in Malaysia will help HAL in tapping the new business opportunities for Fighter Lead-in Trainer (FLIT) LCA and other requirements.
Bengaluru: HAL signed an MoU for establishing an office in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) in the presence of Dr. Ajay Kumar, Secretary, Defence. The MoU was signed by Mr Ravi K, GM, LCA, HAL and Major (R) Mohd Husairi Bin Mat Zain of Forte Drus, the official representative of HAL in Malaysia. Mr. B. N. Reddy, High Commissioner of India in Malaysia, Mr Sanjay Jaju, Additional Secretary (Defence Production) and others were present on the occasion.
The office in Malaysia will help HAL in tapping the new business opportunities for Fighter Lead-in Trainer (FLIT) LCA and other requirements of Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) like Su-30 MKM and Hawk upgrades. It will reinforce commitment of India in supporting the Malaysian Defence Forces and industry for sustainable aerospace and defence landscape in Malaysia.
HAL had submitted a proposal to Ministry of Defence (MINDEF), Malaysia during October 2021 for supply of 18 FLIT LCAs against a global tender issued by RMAF. The final winner of the tender is expected to be declared soon by Malaysian authorities. LCA Tejas stands a fair chance of selection in the bid as it meets all the parameters sought by RMAF.
Further, being one of the largest producer of Russian origin Su-30 aircraft, HAL has capabilities to extend the required support to RMAF for Su-30 MKM fleet which is facing low serviceability issues due to ongoing Russia-Ukraine crisis. HAL can support RMAF for upgrading their Hawk fleet as well. Other HAL platforms like HTT-40, Do-228, Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH), Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) etc., have the potential to be inducted by RMAF in future.
Considering the above factors, HAL’s office in Kuala Lumpur will take up market promotion of HAL’s range of products and services not only in Malaysia but in the entire South East Asia. The office will also contribute in increasing serviceability of existing platforms being operated by RMAF and for neighbouring Air Forces in the region.Read Also : RVNL Appoints Vivek Gupta as Part-time Government Director onboard
News Must Read
- MOIL's November Production up by 35% y-o-y
- IAF trainer aircraft crashed in Ravelli Village
- INS Sandhayak: GRSE delivers 'Largest Ever Survey Vessel to be built in the Country on Navy Day 2023
- SJVN commissions both units of 60 MW Naitwar Mori Hydro project
- A Sea of Valor: Celebrating Indian Navy Day
- Rajahmundry Airport Takes Flight: AAI Expansion Plan Ready for Takeoff
- Oil India signs MoU with Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology
- NMDC Best Ever Production Upto Nov 23
- NTPC Records Remarkable Growth in Coal Despatch and Production
- CIL's November coal output jumps 11% to 65.97 million tonnes