IREDA participated in panel discussion at 'International Conference on Biomass Densification'
She underlined that approximately 230 million metric tonnes of surplus biomass are annually available in India.
New Delhi: Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) participated in a panel discussion at the "International Conference on Biomass Densification" organized by Indian Federation of Green Energy on 9th August, 2023, in New Delhi.
During the panel discussion, Ms. Debjani Bhatia, General Manager (Technical Services) explained various schemes that IREDA offers in the Bio-Energy sector.
IREDA has an exclusive scheme for providing finance for “Manufacturing of Biomass Pellets/Briquettes/Torrefied Pellets/Refuse Derived Fuels (RDF). She also mentioned that IREDA has funded several Ethanol production projects based on both molassess and grains besides financing cogeneration projects in sugar mills.Read Also : Road & Transport Ministry Maps Entire NHs to Remove Potholes
She underlined that approximately 230 million metric tonnes of surplus biomass are annually available in India. This significant resource underscores the viability of biomass as one of a major contributor to India's renewable energy goals.
Ms. Bhatia further emphasized the importance of co-firing biomass with thermal coal as a transition strategy. She detailed that based on the current thermal coal consumption of 600 million metric tonnes, the need for biomass on a 5-7% co-firing basis is estimated to range between 30 million metric tonnes to 42 million metric tonnes.Read Also : Gas Conclave 2023: Assam Govt, Industry Leaders Gather to Discuss Future of Natural Gas
Looking forward to 2030, with a projected thermal coal consumption of 1000 million metric tonnes, the demand for pellets and briquettes for co-firing is anticipated to be in the range of 50 million metric tonnes to 70 million metric tonnes.
IREDA's participation in this significant conference underscores its commitment to fostering sustainable and innovative solutions in the Renewable Energy domain including Bio-Energy sector. By sharing insights, expertise, and projections, IREDA continues to play a pivotal role in driving India's transition to a greener energy future.Read Also : REC Limited collaborates with SAI and AFI
News Must Read
- NLC India Signs Power Purchase Agreement with GRIDCO
- Coal Ministry, NTPC, and NML signs Deed of Adherence
- Yatish Kumar's first poetry collection 'Antas Ki Khurchan' received the 'Maithili Sharan Gupt Award'
- EIL signs MOU with Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi