Maitree Super Thermal Plant and Two Other Projects Inaugurated
The operationalization of the Maitree Super Thermal Power Plant, funded by an Indian concessional loan of USD 1.6 billion, will enhance energy security in Bangladesh.
New Delhi: Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Prime Minister H.E. Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurated three Indian-assisted development projects, including Unit-II of the Maitree super thermal power plant, via video conferencing on November 1, 2023.
The Maitree Super Thermal Power Project is a 1320 MW (2x660) Super Thermal Power Plant (MSTPP) located in Rampal in Khulna Division of Bangladesh.Read Also : GRSE Hosts First-Ever National-Level QCC Competition for Defence PSUs
It has been implemented by the Bangladesh-India Friendship Power Company (Private) Limited (BIFPCL), which is a 50:50 Joint Venture company between India's NTPC Ltd and Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB).
The operationalization of the Maitree Super Thermal Power Plant, funded by an Indian concessional loan of USD 1.6 billion, will enhance energy security in Bangladesh.Read Also : IOCL ranks top Indian Corporate in Bloomberg NEF Global Rankings 2023
Hon'ble Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy, Shri R.K. Singh, MoP Secretary Shri Pankaj Agrawal, NTPC CMD Shri Gurdeep Singh, and other senior officers of the Ministry of Power and NTPC were also present during the video conference.Read Also : THDC lowers Main Inlet Valve of Second Unit in1000 MW Tehri Pumped Storage Project
News Must Read
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'
- Power Minister inspects 2000 MW Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project
- Coal India expects to increase e-auction volume twice in H2 FY2024
- Missile stealth destroyers 'Imphal' built by MDL to be Unveiled tomorrow
- HDFC Bank Appoints Two New Faces Onboard