MSRDC to unveil longest Metro line from Virar to Alibaug
The metro railway line project will considered to become the longest in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region [MMR].
The Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation [MSRDC] has initiated work on the project for the feasibility of metro rail spanning 136km from Virar to Alibaug, embarking on a significant approach.
The metro railway line project will considered to become the longest in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region [MMR]. A part of the Rs 55,000 crore Virar-Alibaug Multimodal Corridor, designed as a 14-lane expressway with a speed limit of 120kmph, the project aims to enhance transportation efficiency and is scheduled to be completed by 2030.Read Also : THDCIL conferred with prestigious 1st Prize for ‘Advancement in Green Mobility
The project comprises two phases, Phase I spans 98.5km from Navghar to Balavali, while Phase II has an elongation of 129.9km from Balavali to Alibaug. The multimodal corridor will integrate various transport modes like roads, rail, and metro.
The project will constitute 40 stations and will, run parallel to this corridor, connecting vital MMR sub-urban areas. According to official data from MSRDC, the detailed project report will follow the initial feasibility study, projected to conclude within 6-8 months. The metro line aims to link the proposed Navi Mumbai airport and JNPA.Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
The authority feasibility study is aligned with the state government contemplation to handover the corridor project with all suitable clearances needed fro implementation.Read Also : HPCL and Birmingham University join hands
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention