NEEPCO Signs MoA with Arunachal Pradesh Govt
The hydro projects' contribution will be crucial in reducing the nation's carbon footprint and accelerating the journey towards achieving Net Zero carbon emissions by 2070.
New Delhi, August 13, 2023: North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO), a 100% subsidiary of NTPC, took a significant step towards sustainable energy development by signing a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with the Government of Arunachal Pradesh.
The ceremony took place here in Itanagar, solidifying their joint commitment to the development of 2620 MW hydroelectric projects.Read Also : NSIC organises 2nd India-Taiwan SME Cooperation Forum
These hydro projects are poised to play a pivotal role in advancing India's green energy objectives, aligned with the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) target. The NDC target aims to achieve an impressive 500 GW of non-fossil energy capacity by 2030. The hydro projects' contribution will be crucial in reducing the nation's carbon footprint and accelerating the journey towards achieving Net Zero carbon emissions by 2070.
In addition to their environmental benefits, these hydro projects hold great promise for the region's economic growth. The projects are expected to generate substantial employment opportunities, providing a boost to the local economy and fostering skill development and technical expertise among the local population.Read Also : REC signs loan agreement with RUMSL
With this MoA in place, NEEPCO and the Government of Arunachal Pradesh are set to collaborate on a venture that not only harnesses the immense potential of hydroelectric power but also paves the way for a cleaner, greener, and more sustainable energy future for India.Read Also : Day 2 at CPSEs Roundtable & Exhibition 2023: CVO visited GAIL stall
News Must Read
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus