Oil India Ltd and GMC collaborated to transform Municipal Solid Waste into Compressed biogas
Oil India Limited and Guwahati Municipal Corporation have signed an agreement to enter into a memorandum of understanding to convert Municipal Solid Waste into Compressed Biogas.
The respective agreement signed by both of the representatives has demonstrated a joint commitment to environmental conservation, efficient waste management and clean energy generation. The initiative is aimed to contribute in the field of the reduction of carbon footprint while promoting a more stable and sustainable eco-friendly future.
As per the verified sources, researchers from the Waste Management Group at IIT Guwahati, directed by Professor Ajay S. Kalamdhad have developed a new strategy to approach and assist the municipal corporations to manage organic waste.
Read Also : THDCIL conferred with prestigious 1st Prize for ‘Advancement in Green Mobility
The technique is illustrated as two stage process, combined with Vermicomposting [RDVC] resulting in an efficient and environment-friendly process which will be used to produce nutrient-rich soil conditioner from invasive aquatic weeds like the Water hyacinth. Rotary Drum Composting [RDC] can convert diverse organic feedstocks into nutrient-dense compost within just 20 days and probably reduce the municipal waste volume by 60-70%.
The experiment verification has been demonstrated in the laboratory and on a large scale at the Solid Waste Laboratory of IIT Guwahati.Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
Whereas, a 5000-litre RDC unit and a 3000-litre stack vermicomposting unit is established to study the large-scale effect of the process, with the moisture content controlled using horticulture waste collected on campus.
Vermicomposting is considered as a biodegradation process that normally requires a minimum of 60 Days, making the process less adaptable for urban municipal corporations.Read Also : HPCL and Birmingham University join hands
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention