Power Minister R.K Singh attends first ever Quad Energy Ministers meeting in Sydney
India has achieved its COP-21 NDC commitment of 40% non-fossil-based installed Power capacity nine years ahead of the target year.
Power Minister, India attends first ever Quad Energy Ministers meeting in Sydney
New Delhi: Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy Shri R K Singh addressed the Sydney Energy Forum on - ‘Decarbonization, Energy Security and the Scale and Pace of the Transition’ on July 13, 2022.
While addressing the forum he said, we embarked on the journey of rapid energy transition ‘coz respect for the environment is inherent in our culture. That’s why our Govt led by PM Narendra Modi has set ambitious targets for us in Energy Transition.
India has achieved its COP-21 NDC commitment of 40% non-fossil-based installed Power capacity nine years ahead of the target year. Now we are heading to achieve 500 GW from non-fossil fuel sources by 2030. Cost of Storage & Supply chain management are major challenges in Energy Transition and the world needs to collaborate to overcome these challenges:
Further, he held a bilateral meeting with Japan's Minister of Economy, Trade, and Industry Mr. K?ichi Hagiuda on the sidelines of the Sydney Energy Forum Yesterday.
The Quad Energy Ministers agreed that transition to renewables is more important than ever and agreed to work together to improve & diversify supply chains to help it happen.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong