THDC India Limited and UJVNL's Joint Venture Secures 1719 MW Clean Energy Portfolio, Elevating Nation's Role in Net-Zero Emission Goals
Rishikesh: Sh. R. K. Vishnoi, Chairman and Managing Director, THDC India Limited informed about the pivotal developments during the Energy Conclave held on 05th December 2023 at Dehradun. Hon’ble Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Sh. Pushkar Singh Dhami granted the responsibility for the development and commissioning of five Hydro Electric projects totalling 1719 MW in Uttarakhand to THDCIL-UJVNL Energy Company Limited, a joint venture company between THDC India Limited and UJVNL.
Notable projects include the Mori Hanol Hydro Electric Project (63 MW) in Uttarkashi, Urthing Sobla Hydro Electric Project (280 MW) in Pithoragarh, Bogudiyar Sarkari Bhyol Hydro Electric Project (146 MW) in Pithoragarh, Pungarh-Matiyala Pump Storage Plant (600 MW) in Tehri-Garhwal and Jaspalgarh Pump Storage Plant (630 MW) in Pauri-Garhwal in Uttarakhand.
The allotment letters were formally received by Sh. Bhupender Gupta, Director(Technical), THDC India Limited, from the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Sh. Pushkar Singh Dhami.Read Also : PM Modi inaugurates NBCC built Indian Institute of Skills, Kanpur
Sh. Vishnoi further informed that, upon completion, these projects will contribute 1719 MW of clean energy, with a substantial investment of ?17,000 crores and the creation of approximately 900 employment opportunities.
This significant announcement underscores the commitment of THDCIL and UJVNL to fortify the nation’s energy sector. Furthermore, the emphasis on clean energy aligns with the global efforts toward achieving net-zero emission targets, highlighting the pivotal role these projects play in advancing sustainable and environmentally responsible energy solutions.Read Also : NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
News Must Read
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore
- SECL Makes History as First Coal Company to Procure Over Rs 10,000 Crore via GeM