GRSE to Revamp Dry Docks at Khidderpore: Signs Concession Agreement with SMPK
The Agreement aims to play a vital role in abetting the strategic growth plans for both the companies in addition to the revenue generation from the ship repair and refit of Defence and Commercial segments, predominantly in the Eastern Region.
Kolkata: Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd., (GRSE), a Mini Ratna Category 1 Defence PSU and a leading warship building company of India, today signed the Concession Agreement with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port, Kolkata (SMPK), to undertake the development & utilisation of the 3 existing Dry Docks of SMP at Khidderpore, Kolkata. The project envisages upgrading, operating and managing the infrastructural facilities at these docks towards their effective utilization.
The Concession Agreement was signed in the august presence of the Hon’ble Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MoPSW) and AYUSH, Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, Shri Sanjay Bandopadhyay, Additional Secretary, MoPSW and Rear Admiral VK Saxena, IN (Retd.),Chairman & Managing Director, GRSE, Shri Vinit Kumar, IRSEE, Chairman, SMPK & senior dignitaries of SMPK & GRSE, between Capt Amit Kapoor, Director (Marine Department), SMPK and Cmde PR Hari, IN (Retd.), Director (Personnel), GRSE.
As a part of the investment promotional activity of Maritime India, the Agreement aims to play a vital role in abetting the strategic growth plans for both the companies in addition to the revenue generation from the ship repair and refit of Defence and Commercial segments, predominantly in the Eastern Region.
Read Also : PM to visit Gujarat; will dedicate projects Rs 5200 cr to nation
This collaboration will also contribute to the future strategy of GRSE to take on additional shipbuilding activities including repair & refit of ships, which will aid in the feasibility for execution & expansion in and around Kolkata. Under the agreement, both entities look forward to develop a dynamic partnership and understanding to explore new business prospects, skill development and facility improvement, which in turn will aid in employment generation in Kolkata, as a part of Maritime growth and Nation Building exercise.
News Must Read
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus
- PM Modi to Inaugurate 9 Vande Bharat Express Trains on September 24th
- Get the Inside Scoop on iPhone 15 Craze - fans line up for long hours
- GRSE holds 107th Annual General Meeting; approves additional Dividend of Rs. 0.70
- Indian Navy signs MoU with Indian institute of Science, Bengaluru