Chennai Port-Maduravoyal corridor project to be completed by December 2024
The proposed elevated stretch of 20.5 km will be developed in 4 sections and will start inside the Chennai Port and end after the Maduravoyal interchange.
Proposed Image of Chennai Port-Maduravoyal corridor project
New Delhi: In a series of tweets Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari said working towards providing seamless multimodal connectivity in New India the project for Chennai Port to Maduravoyal corridor in Tamil Nadu has been developed at an estimated cost of Rs. 5800 Crore.
The Minister said the proposed elevated stretch of 20.5 km will be developed in 4 sections and will start inside the Chennai Port and end after the Maduravoyal interchange.
Shri Gadkari said the project will be completed by December 2024 & it will serve as a dedicated freight corridor for Chennai bound port traffic & increase the handling capacity of Chennai Port by 48% and subsequently reduce the waiting time at the port by 6 hours.Read Also : 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
News Must Read
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore