Coal Secretary Shri Amrit Lal Meena on visit to Chhattisgarh
The meeting was held to discuss different issues related to ongoing mining projects of SECL and to ensure better coordination with the state government for better operation of mines.
Shri Amrit Lal Meena, Secretary, Ministry of Coal, held a meeting with Shri Amitabh Jain, Chief Secretary, Government of Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh: Shri Amrit Lal Meena, Secretary, Ministry of Coal, held a meeting with Shri Amitabh Jain, Chief Secretary, Government of Chhattisgarh, at Mantralaya Mahanadi Bhawan in Raipur today. The meeting was held to discuss different issues related to ongoing mining projects of SECL and to ensure better coordination with the state government for better operation of mines. In the meeting he was accompanied by Smt. Vismita Tej, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Coal and SECL CMD Dr. Prem Sagar Mishra.
During the meeting important discussions were held mainly on issues related to SECL's operations including environmental clearances, forest clearances, land acquisition, expected cooperation from the state government in expansion of projects, rehabilitation and resettlement especially in respect of SECL’s mega projects such as Gevra and Kusmunda.Read Also : PSU CSR: NCL to develop public toilets complex along with Sulabh International
In the meeting Hon'ble Secretary, emphasized on time bound completion of the projects with mutual coordination and cooperation with the State government.
It is to be noted that the Gevra Mega project of SECL recently became the first mine in the country to achieve 50 million tons of coal production. It is currently being expanded and developed to achieve 70 million tons of production which would make it the largest coal producing mine in Asia.Read Also : Abhai Raj Singh Bhandari took over as ED of BPCL's Kochi Refinery
In view of this this meeting was very crucial as expansion plans of mine involve coordinating with the state government for expedited land acquisition as well as other key aspects like environment, rehabilitations and resettlement.
In the meeting from SECL top management, Shri S K Pal, Director Technical Operations, and Shri S N Kapri, Director Technical (Project and Planning) along with higher officials from the state government were also present.Read Also : Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw chaired meeting of Consultative Committee for Ministry of Railways
News Must Read
- Abhai Raj Singh Bhandari took over as ED of BPCL's Kochi Refinery
- PFC bids farewell to Shri R.S. Dhillon, CMD
- CIL increased non-coking coal prices by 8%; expects Rs 2703 Cr Revenue
- Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi reviewed NCL's performance
- NMDC delayed commissioning of its newly demerged steel plant
- Power ‘Mini Ratna’ NHPC reports Net Profit up by 8% of Rs 3834 cr during FY23
- Salim G. Purushothaman assumed additional charge of CMD, BCL
- Union Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi inaugurates 1st Mining Start Up Summit at IIT Bombay
- MOIL double its digit production target in FY’24; Reports 250.59 cr profit in FY23
- ISRO launches GSLV NVS-01 mission