CPSE NBFCs may issue LOCs to banks: Finance Ministry
The memorandum was issued with the approval of the finance secretary
Union Finance Minister of India Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman
New Delhi: Finance Ministry of India permitted state-owned NBFCs to issue a 'Letter of Comfort (LOC)' to banks for fund tie-up for infra projects. However, the ministry modifies its earlier order that was issued in March, mentioning not to issue 'LOC' to any hired entity for undertaking projects on their behalf.
According to the office memorandum issued by the finance ministry dated June 10 mentioned, "In view of the foregoing and considering that the CPSE-NBFCs are important players in the infrastructure sector, it has been decided that CPSE NBFCs may issue LOCs", The memorandum was issued with the approval of the finance secretary.
Moreover, the Ministry points out the CPSE-NBFCs are one of the major parts of the infrastructure sector. NBFCs should be involved in the infrastructure sector and LOCs should be provided by banks only for opening letters of credit for the supply of goods and services by foreign suppliers, it said.
Under no circumstances the liability under this LOC should devolve on the government of India, it added.Read Also : Aviation Ministry's initiatives for workforce expansion in DGCA, AERA and AAI
News Must Read
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus