Deepak Gupta, Director (Projects), GAIL appointed as Nominee Director on SEAGP board
The consortium comprises major players in the oil and gas sector including CNPC, MOGE, Daewoo International, KOGAS, and GAIL (India) Ltd.
New Delhi: Shri Deepak Gupta, Director (Projects) at GAIL (India) Ltd has been appointed as the Nominee Director on the board of South-East Asia Gas Pipeline Company Limited (SEAGP) starting from November 1, 2023.
This company is responsible for the management of the China-Myanmar gas pipeline project. SEAGP is a joint venture between China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), Myanmar Oil and Gas Enterprise (MOGE), Daewoo International, KOGAS, and GAIL (India) Ltd. The China-Myanmar pipeline is a strategic project for the supply of natural gas to China from the offshore fields of Myanmar.Read Also : Indian Govt signs USD 175 million loan agreement with ADB
The consortium comprises major players in the oil and gas sector including CNPC, MOGE, Daewoo International, KOGAS, and GAIL (India) Ltd. Gupta's appointment to the board underscores his vast expertise in the sector.
Previously, Gupta was Executive Director (Projects) at Engineers India Ltd, where he successfully led the implementation of several key projects, including the Dangote Refinery and Petrochemical Project in Nigeria, one of the world’s largest refinery complexes.
Read Also : Power Grid Shines Again; Honors for Flagship Project
In his new role at SEAGP, Gupta's experience and leadership will be crucial in furthering the company's strategic initiatives and operations. His appointment comes at a pivotal time as GAIL (India) Ltd. is planning a major expansion of its pipeline network and is investing over Rs 25,000 crore in the next few years.Read Also : Naval Exercise Prasthan at ONGC’s R 12A Ratna Platform
News Must Read
- Paytm's Market Cap dives $1 billion in Single Day: Read What happens
- THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
- NECC bags order from GAIL, Worth Rs.52 crore
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage