EPFO abolishes Aadhaar ID as valid proof: Here is the List of valid documents
As per the decision approved by the Central Provident Fund Commissioner [CPFC], the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization will now onwards not accept the Aadhaar ID as valid proof.
New Delhi: The EPFO has followed a directive from the Unique Identification Authority of India through a circular No. 08 of 2023 which symbolizes Aadhaar as proof for date of birth by several beneficiaries. It was not recognized as proof of date of birth according to the Aadhaar Act, 2016. In its directive, UIDAI has emphasized the Aadhaar as a proof of identity not proof of birth.
EPFO’s application software has aligned to the necessary modifications with the updated guidelines. It has directed all its zonal and regional offices to ensure widespread implementation of the latest guidelines. Moreover, the Internal System Division will make the necessary changes.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
Here are the documents which are valid as proof of Date of Birth for EPFO:
Birth Certificates issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths.
Marksheet issued by any recognized Government Board or University.
Certificate based on the service records.
PAN card and Central/ State Pension Payment OrderRead Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
Domicile Certificate issued by the Government and School Leaving Certificate [SLC]/ School Transfer Certificate [TC]/ and /or SSC certificate containing Name and Date of Birth.
In absence of above documents, a Medical Certificate issued by a Civil Surgeon, supported by an affidavit on oath authenticated by a Competent Court.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong