GAIL celebrates the successful completion of DAPL project, a key part of Urja Ganga Project
GAIL India congratulates the nation on the momentous occasion of the inauguration of the 412 km Dhamra Angul Pipeline [DAPL] along with the foundation stone of the 692 km Nagpur-Jharsuguda Pipeline [NJPL].
The successful completion of the DAPL, a key part of the PM Urja Ganga Project significantly enhances connectivity with the Dharma LNG Terminal. Both DAPL and NJPL contribute to the National Gas Grid, supplying natural gas to Odisha, Maharashtra, Chattisgarh, and MP in line with the government’s vision to increase the gas share in the fuel energy to around 15% by 2030.
PM URJA GANGA PROJECT:
It is a gas pipeline project that aims to provide cooking gas to the people. It was launched in 2016 in Varanasi and later extended to people in the states of Bihar, West Bengal, Odisha, and Jharkhand. The government is also planning to connect the eastern states with the national gas grid.Read Also : Coal India signs JV Agreement with BHEL
The total length of the pipeline under the Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga Project is approximately 3,384 km, out of which 766 km of pipeline is in Odisha state and the balance 2,618 km is in the states of UP, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, and Assam.
The project is being implemented by GAIL India and will not just supply CNG to automobiles and cooking gas to household kitchens in cities along the route, but also to industries to meet their feedstock or fuel requirement.Read Also : NCL exceeds 125 million tonnes of coal production
News Must Read
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut