GRSE Organizes 'Run for Unity' to Commemorate National Unity Day & Concludes Special Campaign 3.0 on Swachhata
Nearly 200 participants joined this event and took the Rashtriya Ekta Pledge.
Kolkata: Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Ltd, one of India’s premier naval shipyards based in Kolkata, organized the ‘Run for Unity’ to mark the 148th Birth Anniversary of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel on the occasion of National Unity Day. Nearly 200 participants joined this event and took the Rashtriya Ekta Pledge. The event kickstarted from GRSE Main Unit and concluded at GRSE FOJ Unit in Kolkata on 31 Oct 23. The Run was flagged-off by Director (Personnel), GRSE, DIG Subrata Ghosh, ICG (Retd).
Read Also : IIM Lucknow Triumphs in NTPC Electron Regional Finals, Followed by IIT BHU and IIT Kanpur
Throughout the month of October 23, GRSE spearheaded a dedicated cleanliness drive as part of the Special Campaign 3.0 initiated by the Government of India from 02 Oct to 31 Oct 23. The campaign covered 44 key locations in Kolkata and Ranchi, including Company’s Units, surrounding areas and CSR intervention sites. Strategic activities included the disposal of scrap and unserviceable items, and systematic clearing of outdated files across all units. More than 2300 persons participated in the month-long campaign.Read Also : Air Marshal Praveen Keshav Vohra takes over as Senior Air Staff Officer of Western Air Command, IAF
GRSE has already adopted a holistic approach to implement initiatives under Swachh Vidyalaya Mission under the broader ambit of Swachh Bharat Mission. Multiple interventions have been implemented to improve the overall sanitation and hygiene conditions of the government schools with special thrust on the girls’ schools. GRSE has adopted the mechanism for maintenance of toilets, urinals, wash basins in association with Sulabh International Social Service Organization in 20 local govt. schools. Around 40000 students have been benefited under this project.
The Special Campaign 3.0 on Swachhata aims to ensure the resolution of pending matters, reinforce internal monitoring mechanisms, improve record management, and uphold cleanliness in the workspace.Read Also : iDEX-DIO signs 300th contract for Defence Innovation
News Must Read
- CIL's November coal output jumps 11% to 65.97 million tonnes
- REC's CSR arm signs Rs 8 Crore agreement
- SJVN synchronizes Second Unit of Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project
- BCCL starts Commercial Operations of 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'