IREDA and IIFCL team up to finance renewable energy projects
Both organisations will strive to also fix interest rates for IREDA borrowings for a period of three to four years
New Delhi: Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL), to finance renewable energy projects. The MoU will empower IREDA and IIFCL to engage in Co-Lending / Co-Origination and Loan Syndication for all categories of Renewable Energy projects, including Small Hydro projects.
Both organisations will strive to also fix interest rates for IREDA borrowings for a period of three to four years. Further, IIFCL may invest in the bonds issued by IREDA, as per the terms and conditions of the issue.Read Also : NSIC organises 2nd India-Taiwan SME Cooperation Forum
The MoU was signed today, September 4, 2023, by Chairman & Managing Director, IREDA, Shri Pradip Kumar Das and Managing Director, IIFCL, Shri P R Jaishankar.
Two men sitting on a couch looking at papersDescription automatically generated
Speaking on the occasion, CMD, IREDA said: "We are pleased to partner with IIFCL and offer our techno-financial expertise to IIFCL for the development of Renewable Energy sector. With this collaboration, we will be able to support Govt. of India’s target of achieving 50% share of our energy from non-fossil fuels by the year 2030. We remain confident that by working together, we will leverage our strengths and continue to serve our customers in line with Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi's vision of Aatmanirbhar Bharat and a clean and green India.”Read Also : REC signs loan agreement with RUMSL
IREDA established a specialised Business Development and Consultancy division two years ago to meet the growing demand in the RE sector. In the past, IREDA has signed MoUs with other central and state agencies. This MoU will enable a synergy of green financing expertise of IREDA and Infra financing expertise of IIFCL.
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) is a PSU under the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) and India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL) is a wholly-owned Government of India company set up in 2006 to provide long-term financial assistance to viable infrastructure projects.Read Also : Day 2 at CPSEs Roundtable & Exhibition 2023: CVO visited GAIL stall
News Must Read
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus