Karur Vysya Bank provides battery operated electric vehicles to TTD
The vehicles are meant to transport devotees within the Tirumala complex.
Chennai: Karur Vysya Bank today dedicated five numbers of 8 seater battery operated electric vehicles in the service of Lord Venkateswara as part of its CSR initiatives – Environmental Sustainability. The vehicles are meant to transport devotees within the Tirumala complex. The cost of the five vehicles is Rs. 29.27 lakhs.
This is also meant to fulfill the environment sustainability and climate-related objectives under the Bank’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) initiatives.
The vehicles were handed over by Shri B Ramesh Babu, MD & CEO of Karur Vysya Bank, and Board members of the Bank to Shri A V Dharma Reddy, Executive Officer (FAC) & Member Secretary (Ex-officio), Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams.
Shri Ramesh Babu, MD & CEO, KVB said, “Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices are increasingly being used as a tool to assess a corporate’s support for an orderly low-carbon transition. TTD has planned to develop Tirumala as a green town and is actively encouraging a reduction in the use of fossil fuels in the hills.
In line with the Bank’s adherence to ESG practices, while initiating CSR projects, KVB decided to provide battery-operated electric vehicles to TTD.”Read Also : IOC bids farewell to H.S. Rajpal, Executive Director (Law)
News Must Read
- SJVN synchronizes Second Unit of Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project
- BCCL starts Commercial Operations of 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'
- Power Minister inspects 2000 MW Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project
- Coal India expects to increase e-auction volume twice in H2 FY2024