Mr Alok Sharma joins IndianOil Board as Director (R&D)
Shri Sharma has made significant contributions to the Indian refining sector in Process, Projects, and Production.
New Delhi: Indian Oil appointed Mr Alok Sharma to the company's Board as Director (Research & Development) with effect from 16™ January 2024. He is an IIT-Delhi alumnus with 30+ years in the energy sector, Mr Sharma has been pivotal to alternative energy advancements, and his expertise will further enhance our R&D footprints.
About Shri Alok Sharma:
Shri Alok Sharma is a Chemical Engineer from IIT-Delhi and has also completed the Hybrid Management Program from U21 Global Singapore. He has more than 3 decades of rich experience in the downstream energy sector. Shri Sharma has made significant contributions to the Indian refining sector in Process, Projects, and Production.
Prior to his elevation as Director (Research & Development), Shri Sharma was Executive Director at Centre for High Technology under the MoP&NG, where he played a pivotal role in coordinating refining, petrochemical, and alternative energy activities.
During his career in IndianQil, his various achievements inter alia include pivotal role in establishing India’s First Hydrocracker Unit in Gujarat Refinery as well as Hydroprocessing lab and Resid Block at R&D Centre. With a visionary approach to catalyze IndianQil’s ambitions in Alternative Energy, he spearheaded the Research and Development endeavors in hydrogen, gasification, solar, CO2 capture, and energy storage technologies.Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
His noteworthy achievements include the successful development of compact reforming HCNG technology, nation’s first HCNG trials in Delhi, fuel cell and green hydrogen initiatives and critical contributions in 3G ethanol technology being implemented at Panipat Refinery. Shri Sharma is also a member of International Association of Hydrogen Energy (IAHE) and founder member of Hydrogen Association of India (HAI).Read Also : HPCL and Birmingham University join hands
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention