NTPC Kaniha's CSR: Bringing Safe Drinking Water to 24 Nearby Villages
The beneficiaries include 08 Gram Panchayats namely, Kaniha, Bijigol, Gadasila, Derang, Kamarei, Hariharpur, Badagundari and Kakudia.
NTPC Kaniha, a leading power generation company, has undertaken a commendable Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative to address the pressing issue of water scarcity in nearby villages. As part of this initiative, NTPC Kaniha is facilitating the supply of safe drinking water through tankers to 24 villages in the Project vicinity area.
Starting in March with the advent of warm climate, the supply of clean drinking water was expanded to cover 08 Panchayats of Kaniha Block. A total of 24 villages across 08 Gram Panchayats are benefiting from this ongoing program. The beneficiaries include 08 Gram Panchayats namely, Kaniha, Bijigol, Gadasila, Derang, Kamarei, Hariharpur, Badagundari and Kakudia.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
Drinking water from NTPC Kaniha Township is delivered to villages twice every day in the mornings and evenings through 08 nos of dedicated water tankers. Collectively, the tankers dispense around 2.5 lakh litres of potable water every day for the benefit of village homes.
During the scorching summer months, the scarcity of drinking water becomes a critical concern for the communities in these regions. NTPC Kaniha's proactive approach for providing access to safe drinking water at their doorsteps through tankers has alleviated the hardships faced by the villagers during this challenging period.Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
The supply of drinking water through tankers ensures that the communities receive clean and safe water, safeguarding their health and well-being. NTPC Kaniha has meticulously planned and executed this initiative to serve the villages' water needs reliably and effectively.
The initiative was highly appreciated by the district administration, local public representatives and villagers.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong