PM Modi to Inaugurate 9 Vande Bharat Express Trains on September 24th
The introduction of these Vande Bharat trains will herald a new standard of rail service in the country.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will flag off nine Vande Bharat trains on 24th September 2023 at 12:30 PM via video conferencing.
These new Vande Bharat trains are a step towards realising Prime Minister’s vision of improving connectivity across the country and providing world-class facilities to rail passengers.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
The new trains that will be flagged off are:
- Udaipur – Jaipur Vande Bharat Express
- Tirunelveli-Madurai- Chennai Vande Bharat Express
- Hyderabad –Bengaluru Vande Bharat Express
- Vijayawada – Chennai (via Renigunta) Vande Bharat Express
- Patna – Howrah Vande Bharat Express
- Kasaragod - Thiruvananthapuram Vande Bharat Express
- Rourkela - Bhubaneswar – Puri Vande Bharat Express
- Ranchi – Howrah Vande Bharat Express
- Jamnagar-Ahmedabad Vande Bharat Express
These nine trains will boost connectivity across eleven states namely Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Bihar, West Bengal, Kerala, Odisha, Jharkhand and Gujarat.
These Vande Bharat trains will be the fastest train along the routes of their operation and will help save considerable time of the passengers. As compared to the current fastest train along the route, Rourkela- Bhubaneswar – Puri Vande Bharat Express and Kasaragod - Thiruvananthapuram Vande Bharat Express will be faster by about 3 hours; Hyderabad – Bengaluru Vande Bharat Express by more than 2.5 hours; Tirunelveli-Madurai- Chennai Vande Bharat Express by more than 2 hours; Ranchi – Howrah Vande Bharat Express, Patna – Howrah Vande Bharat Express and Jamnagar-Ahmedabad Vande Bharat Express by about 1 hour; and Udaipur - Jaipur Vande Bharat Express by about half an hour.Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
In line with the Prime Minister’s vision to improve connectivity of important religious places across the country, Rourkela- Bhubaneswar – Puri Vande Bharat Express and Tirunelveli-Madurai- Chennai Vande Bharat Express will connect important religious towns of Puri and Madurai. Also, the Vijayawada – Chennai Vande Bharat Express will operate via the Renigunta route and will provide connectivity to Tirupati Pilgrimage centre.
The introduction of these Vande Bharat trains will herald a new standard of rail service in the country. These trains, equipped with world class amenities and advanced safety features, including Kavach technology, will be a key step towards providing modern, speedy and comfortable means of travel to common people, professionals, businessmen, student community and tourists.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong