Rajahmundry Airport Takes Flight: AAI Expansion Plan Ready for Takeoff
This Rs 350 Crores project includes the expansion of the Terminal Building.
New Delhi: The Airports Authority of India is all set to execute its expansion plan for Rajahmundry Airport to cater to the rising passenger traffic.
This Rs 350 Crores project includes the expansion of the Terminal Building, with upgraded amenities like 28 check-in counters, 04 conveyor belts, tactile paths, enhanced parking facility and more.Read Also : NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
Post upgradation, the airport will be capable of catering to 2100 passengers during the busiest hours. Also, the 5-star GRIHA-rated Terminal building of this airport will showcase local art and culture in its design.Read Also : PFRDA notifies rules for National Pension System and Pension Funds: What you need to know
Rajahmundry Airport is a domestic airport serving the city of Rajamahendravaram, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is heavily used by the helicopters of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and other government agencies for offshore oil exploration operations.
Benefits of expanding Rajahmundry Airport project
- This project will stimulate the state's economic growth
- It will attract business and boost trade
- Will strengthen air connectivity and job creation
- Also promotes regional integration and cultural exchanges with local art forms and the preservation of cultural identity.
News Must Read
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore
- SECL Makes History as First Coal Company to Procure Over Rs 10,000 Crore via GeM