Road and Transport Ministry targets to reduce Accident Deaths by 50% by 2030
New Delhi: Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari said Road Safety is Top-most priority of the Government with target to reduce Accident Deaths by 50% by 2030. Addressing CII National Conclave on ‘Road Safety - Indian Roads@2030 - Raising the Bar of Safety’ Shri Gadkari said change in social behaviour is very important along with focusing on strengthening ‘4Es of Road Safety’ -Engineering (Road & Vehicle Engineering) - Enforcement - Education and Emergency Medical Service. He emphasized on cooperation of all stakeholders for enhancing road safety.
The Union Minister said as per the latest Report on Road Accidents 2022 there have been 4.6 Lakh road accidents, 1.68 Lakh deaths and 4 Lakh serious injuries.He said every hour there are 53 road accidents and 19 deaths .
Shri Gadkari said there has been increase in Road Accidents by 12% , increase in Road Accidents Deaths by 10% resulting in socio-economic loss of 3.14 % to GDP. He said 60% of deaths are in young age group of 18 to 35 years .He said accident Death is loss of bread-earner in a family, professional loss to employer & overall loss to the economy.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
Shri Gadkari said system of rewards for good traffic behaviour among citizens has yielded positive results in Nagpur. The Union Minister stressed on regular eye check-ups for drivers and asked the organisations to organise free camps for the same as part of their corporate social responsibility.
Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
He said education and awareness among School, Colleges , Collaboration with NGO, Start-ups, Technology Providers, IIT, Universities, Traffic & Highway Authorities is the way forward for spreading good practices for Road Safety.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong