SAIL distributes assistive devices to Persons with Disabilities undertakes CSR
SAIL has engaged Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO) to undertake this Priority Programme.
New Delhi: On the ‘International Day of Persons with Disabilities’ on 3rd December, 2022 Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), the Maharatna Steel Public Sector, distributed assistive devices to Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjans) across its Plants/Units and Corporate Office at New Delhi.
SAIL has engaged Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO) to undertake this Priority Programme under SAIL’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Smt. Soma Mondal, Chairman, SAIL along with other senior officials of the Company was present during the event at New Delhi.
This priority programme of SAIL will be held across several locations in the country, mostly in the areas of operation of SAIL, in a phased manner under ‘Azaadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’. The Divyangjans are being empowered through assistive aids like tricycle, motorized tricyles, smart canes & smart phones for visually impaired and hearing aids among others.
Currently, SAIL supports various focused facilities dedicated for Divyangjans at its plant locations viz ‘ School for Blind, Deaf and Mentally challenged children’ and ‘Home and Hope’ at Rourkela, ‘Ashalata Kendra’ at Bokaro, ‘Handicapped Oriented Education Program’ and ‘Durgapur Handicapped Happy Home’ at Durgapur, and ‘Cheshire Home’ at Burnpur.Read Also : SAIL supported Indian contingent of Special Olympics Bharat’s athletes
News Must Read
- Speeding up Hydro Power: CEA Fast-tracks Approval Mechanism for Pumped Storage Projects
- WhatsApp unveiled new feature called 'Channels'
- RBI not looking to withdraw 500 notes or re-introducing Rs 1,000 currency: Governor
- DRDO flight-tested ‘Agni Prime’ ballistic missile
- J&K Jaiswal Bridge over Chenab has been completed: Nitin Gadkari
- BPCL awarded at FIPI Oil & Gas Awards 2022 in five coveted categories
- RBI MPC: Keep policy repo rate unchanged at 6.50%
- SAIL initiated expansion project to level up production of 4 Units
- Centre's green flag to HUDA City Centre-Cyber City, Gurugram project
- Coming monsoon season there will be no coal shortage: Coal Minister