SpiceJet has secured rights to operate flights for Haj from seven cities
The recent addition of cities will add more targets for cost operation.
Airline craft carrier SpiceJet has confirmed in an official statement that it has secured rights to operate Haj flights from seven cities including Srinagar, Gaya, and Guwahati. The airline craft has secured the same for significant revenue generation.
As of the current financial year, the carrier has generated a substantial revenue of Rs 337 crore from Haj operations which are operational in five Indian cities. The recent addition of cities will add more targets for cost operation. The mentioned seven cities are Srinagar, Gaya, Guwahati, Bhopal, Indore, Aurangabad, and Vijayawada.
The first phase of Haj operations is scheduled to start on May 9, with flights to Medina. The aircraft carrier is gearing up to ensure a seamless and comfortable travel experience for Hajj pilgrims from the selected cities. Last year the carrier had inducted three wide-body aircraft specifically dedicated to Hajj operations.Read Also : THDCIL conferred with prestigious 1st Prize for ‘Advancement in Green Mobility
The airline is planning to follow suit, particularly focusing on enhancing services for flights originating from Srinagar. The company is publicly traded under NSE, SPICEJET, with a market capitalization of about Rs 4,255 crore [US$530 million] as of January 2024. As of the current trading session, the shares are floating up 8.5% at Rs 72.43.Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention