Swachh Survekshan 2023: Indore and Surat bagged the cleanest city title
The Swachh Survekshan 2023 constituted by Ministry of Urban affairs has released the list of cities achieving top position in ranking orders.
Indore and Surat have bagged the cleanest city titles, tagging as joint winners. In the category of best-performing states in Swachh Survekshan Awards 2023, Maharashtra has bagged the top-rank Award, followed by Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh. The eighth edition of the Swachh Survekshan Awards has been initiated since 2016 covering almost 4,477 cities.
Overall the survey covered a population of around 409 million. The survey has emphasized on citizen's active engagement and interaction towards clean India vision.Read Also : THDCIL conferred with prestigious 1st Prize for ‘Advancement in Green Mobility
Indore has been gaining the title for consecutive 7th time in a row, while, among the cities with more than one lakh population Navi Mumbai is the third on the list. Saswad in Maharashtra got the cleanest city award among all cities with less than one lakh population. Patan in Chattisgarh and Lonavala in Maharashtra got the second and third rank in the particular category.
The government claims the survey to be the world's largest urban cleanliness survey. Meanwhile, among the cantonment boards, MHOW bagged the cleanest cantonment area award and Varanasi and Prayagraj got the best award among the Ganga towns, while among the states Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh has emerged as the cleanest.Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
The award felicitation ceremony was presented by President of India Droupadi Murmu. Union housing and urban affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri and others also attended the event.Read Also : HPCL and Birmingham University join hands
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention