Tajinder Gupta Appointed as Director (Power), BHEL
He joined NTPC, as a Graduate Engineer Trainee officer in 1989 and has 34 years of diverse and versatile experience in project management and concept to commissioning of power projects, across various states in India.
New Delhi: On his appointment as Director on the Board of #BharatHeavyElectricalsLimited, Mr. Tajinder Gupta, 56, has assumed charge as Director (Power) of the Public Sector engineering and manufacturing enterprise.
A 1989 batch Instrumentation and Control Engineering graduate from Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences (BITS), Pilani, Mr. Gupta was Chief General Manager in NTPC Ltd. prior to joining BHEL.
He joined NTPC, as a Graduate Engineer Trainee officer in 1989 and has 34 years of diverse and versatile experience in project management and concept to commissioning of power projects, across various states in India.Read Also : GRSE Hosts First-Ever National-Level QCC Competition for Defence PSUs
At NTPC, he was instrumental in the development of large size greenfield and brownfield power projects, besides operating and maintaining NTPC’s vast fleet of power stations. In the Director's secretariat at NTPC’s corporate office, he spearheaded the team for time bound construction and commissioning of multiple infrastructure assets crucial for the operation of NTPC.
He was head of the construction team at the 2x660 MW Khargone power project with Ultra Supercritical parameters. In two years of his appointment as Business Unit Head, Mr. Gupta turned around the construction activities at the 3x660 MW North Karanpura STPP in Jharkhand.Read Also : IOCL ranks top Indian Corporate in Bloomberg NEF Global Rankings 2023
He has been at the centre of ESG evolution that led to the commissioning of the first unit of North Karanpura STPP with the latest Air-Cooled Condensation technology which reduces water consumption in a power plant by 65%.
A true professional with a sharp acumen for in-depth analysis, he carries with him the people, knowledge and experience of the power sector ecosystem for speedy implementation of projects. Mr. Gupta has a passion for business simulation games, quizzes and outdoor sports.Read Also : THDC lowers Main Inlet Valve of Second Unit in1000 MW Tehri Pumped Storage Project
News Must Read
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'
- Power Minister inspects 2000 MW Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project
- Coal India expects to increase e-auction volume twice in H2 FY2024
- Missile stealth destroyers 'Imphal' built by MDL to be Unveiled tomorrow
- HDFC Bank Appoints Two New Faces Onboard