Govt of Himachal Pradesh allotted three Hydro Projects of 501 MW to SJVN
Hon’ble Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Sh. Jai Ram Thakur, and Sh. Nand Lal Sharma, Chairman & Managing Director, SJVN (PSU Connect)
Shimla: Sh. Nand Lal Sharma, Chairman & Managing Director, SJVN expressed gratitude to the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Sh. Jai Ram Thakur and State Government for allotting three projects of 501 MW capacity in Chenab Basin in Himachal Pradesh.
The Cabinet meeting chaired by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh, Sh. Jai Ram Thakur has allocated 104 MW, Tandi, 130 MW Rashil, and 267 MW Sach Khas Hydro Electric Projects on the Chenab Basin in Himachal Pradesh to SJVN. SJVN is already developing three Projects viz 430 MW Reoli Dugli, 210 MW Purthi & 138 MW Bardang Hydro Electric Projects in Chenab Basin. With the allocation of these three Projects, SJVN now has six Projects with a total capacity of 1279 MW in Chenab Basin.
Sh. Sharma informed the Hon’ble Chief Minister that, SJVN has already established an office in Udaipur and assured that the Projects shall be completed in time-bound manner as Hydro Power is the core strength of SJVN.
Sh. Sharma said that environment protection and resolution of local issues have always been a priority at SJVN, and he assured Hon’ble Chief Minister that SJVN will take utmost care of Environment and other local issues during the development of these projects
Sh. Nand Lal Sharma emphasized that the Hydro Power has to be developed with the Integrated River Basin Development approach for economic viability and to give a boost to infrastructural development. He said that the infrastructural development would ensure the overall socio-economic development of the country. This would be an important milestone of SJVN towards achieving the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister Sh. Narendra Modi of providing 24X7 power to all.
SJVN’s present installed capacity is 2016.51 MW and aims to be a 5000 MW company by 2023, 12000 MW Company by 2030, and 25000 MW Company by 2040. SJVN has a presence in various sectors of energy generation which includes Hydro, Wind, Solar & Thermal. The company also has a presence in the field of Energy Transmission.Read Also : RVNL Appoints Vivek Gupta as Part-time Government Director onboard
News Must Read
- MOIL's November Production up by 35% y-o-y
- IAF trainer aircraft crashed in Ravelli Village
- INS Sandhayak: GRSE delivers 'Largest Ever Survey Vessel to be built in the Country on Navy Day 2023
- SJVN commissions both units of 60 MW Naitwar Mori Hydro project
- A Sea of Valor: Celebrating Indian Navy Day
- Rajahmundry Airport Takes Flight: AAI Expansion Plan Ready for Takeoff
- Oil India signs MoU with Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology
- NMDC Best Ever Production Upto Nov 23
- NTPC Records Remarkable Growth in Coal Despatch and Production
- CIL's November coal output jumps 11% to 65.97 million tonnes