IREDA organizes a webinar on World Environment Day
The session was conducted by Shri Suhas Baxi, Co-Founder, BiofuelCircle.com- an online marketplace for biomass and biofuels, engaged in creating a reliable and sustainable supply chain for bioenergy.
New Delhi: As a part of the World Environment Day celebration, the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) organized a webinar on ‘Digital Platform for Bioenergy Supply Chain’ for all its employees today. The session was conducted by Shri Suhas Baxi, Co-Founder, BiofuelCircle.com- an online marketplace for biomass and biofuels, engaged in creating a reliable and sustainable supply chain for bioenergy.
Shri Suhas Baxi emphasized on challenges and opportunities faced by the Bioenergy sector. He further introduced all IREDA officials to the cloud-based digital ecosystem developed for bioenergy supply chain that connects Rural & Industrial economies. The platform allows to discover, buy, sell, transport, settle transactions for biomass and biofuel using Web / Mobile Application. The webinar was also joined by senior officials from MNRE, SECI, PRESPL, and BiofuelCircle.
Addressing the participants, Lt. Col. Monish Ahuja (Retd.), Managing Director, PRESPL said that PRESPL has been working closely with IREDA for the past 5-6 years. He further added that PRESPL is committed to creating a transparent platform for bio sector stakeholders. MNRE and GIZ have concluded a study on the Biofuel platform.
On the occasion of World Environment Day, Shri Pradip Kumar Das, Chairman & Managing Director, IREDA extended his wishes to all the participants and reaffirm that IREDA is committed for sustainable development of the country through financing the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency projects. Further, he underlined that India’s Bio-Energy sector is experiencing a transition from unorganized to organized sector and IREDA will try to fulfil the financing requirement of the sector. Shri Das also highlighted that IREDA has introduced several innovative financing schemes and products in last one year to improve the business environment for clean energy sector and the company will continue to play the leading role for development of RE sector.
Shri Chintan Shah, Director (Technical), IREDA appreciated BiofuelCircle for creating India’s first online Marketplace for Biofuels and Biomass and mentioned that such initiatives are the need of the hour.Read Also : Coal CPSEs Providing Water to 981 Villages of Nine States
News Must Read
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus