SJVN gets Power Trading License for interstate electricity trading
The efficient execution of electricity trading in a competitive environment will ultimately benefit consumers.
NEW DELHI: A key regulator of the power sector in India, the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) has granted Power Trading License to the public sector undertaking SJVN Limited for interstate trading of electricity. The Commission said that SJVN meets the requirements of the Act and the Trading License Regulations for grant of inter-State Power Trading License.
Shri Nand Lal Sharma, Chairman & Managing Director, SJVN stated that Trading License will be a big boost to its business and add up to its revenues substantially. The efficient execution of electricity trading in a competitive environment will ultimately benefit consumers.
The company is also involved in the under-construction hydroelectric projects in Nepal and Bhutan. SJVN is now a listed Company having a shareholders pattern of 59.92 % with Govt. of India, 26.85% with Govt. of Himachal Pradesh, and the rest of 13.23 % with the Public. The present paid-up capital and authorized capital of SJVN is Rs. 3,929.79 Crore and Rs. 7,000 Crore respectively. The Net Worth as on 31.03.2021 is Rs.12761.84 Crore.
Currently, SJVN is aiming to be a 5000 MW company by 2023, 12000 MW company by 2030 and 25000 MW company by 2040.Read Also : BEE collaborates with Andhra Pradesh State EnergyConservation Mission
News Must Read
- BEE collaborates with Andhra Pradesh State EnergyConservation Mission
- SECL Director (Finance) felicitated by ICMAI - WIRC
- BPCL lays foundation stone of new Petroleum, Oil and Lubricants depot
- Government, PSUs, and Defence sector experience 14% upsurge in hiring: foundit Insights Tracker
- 2G Refinery at Numaligarh to create huge employment opportunities: Hardeep S Puri
- Chief of Defence Staff India to Inaugurate HAL’s Avionics Expo 2023 in Delhi
- ONGC Gears Up for Oil Production From its Flagship Project
- MOIL's November Production up by 35% y-o-y
- IAF trainer aircraft crashed in Ravelli Village
- INS Sandhayak: GRSE delivers 'Largest Ever Survey Vessel to be built in the Country on Navy Day 2023