A part of Arunachal Frontier Highway construction fund got approved by Govt
An allocation of Rs 1014.59 crore has been approved for the construction of the Kharsang-Miao-Vijaynagar-Gandhigram section of NH-913 in Arunachal Pradesh under the domain of Arunachal Frontier Highway.
The transformative road of length 61.55km is developed on EPC mode. The approved part of the construction is a key feature of the ambitious project Arunachal Frontier Highway [AFH] officially known as NH-913 having a long complete route of length 1748 km with an approximate cost of Rs 27,000 crore along with a total cost including 6 additional inter-corridors around Rs 40,000 crore.
It will connect Bomdila to the Vijayanagar highway along with the Miao-Kharsang route in the Northeast. The project includes an 800km Greenfield section and a network of new tunnels and bridges is a 2-lane paved shoulder under construction national highway along with the India-China LAC Mc-Mohan Line border in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh.Read Also : NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
The whole construction in charge is held under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways in 9 packages that will be approved by the end of FY25 and the construction will be completed in 2 years by March 2027. This highway along with the China border in the northeast would complement the Trans-Arunachal Highway and the Arunachal East-West corridor along the foothills of the Assam border.
Read Also : ACWA Power and L&T Select Nextracker’s All-Terrain Solar Trackers for Al Kahfah Solar Park
The construction project accomplishment would surely provide certain levels of benefits like enhanced connectivity to border areas, and fostering socio-economic development. It will be crucial to curb migration and encourage reverse migration towards Arunachal Pradesh’s border regions. Broadly it would also facilitate employment generation and increase in the tourism sector. The highway dispatch would act as a barrier for security threats incursion which could mislead the border area.Read Also : RITES organizes Annual Sports Day ‘Spardha’
News Must Read
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore
- SECL Makes History as First Coal Company to Procure Over Rs 10,000 Crore via GeM
- How RVNL's share takes boom today..