Air Marshal Ashutosh Dixit takes over as Deputy Chief of Air Staff
The Air Officer has also been the Air Defence Commander of Southern Air Command and was Senior Air Staff Officer, South Western Air Command prior to taking over as the Deputy Chief of the Air Staff.
New Delhi: Air Marshal Ashutosh Dixit took over as the Deputy Chief of the Air Staff today. An alumnus of the National Defence Academy, he was Commissioned in the fighter stream on 06 December 1986. He is a graduate of the Staff Course, Bangladesh and National Defence College, New Delhi. The Air Marshal is a Qualified Flying Instructor as well as an Experimental Test pilot, with over 3300 hours of flying experience on fighter, trainer and transport aircraft. He participated in Operation Safed Sagar and Rakshak.
Read Also : Prerana Ladies Club organised CSR initiative
Air Marshal Dixit commanded a Mirage 2000 Squadron, a frontline fighter base in the Western sector, as well as a premier fighter training base. He has earlier served as Principle Director Air Staff Requirement, Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Projects) & Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Plans) at Air Headquarters.Read Also : Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla gives away Lion’s Roar to Restore SDG awards
The Air Officer has also been the Air Defence Commander of Southern Air Command and was Senior Air Staff Officer, South Western Air Command prior to taking over as the Deputy Chief of the Air Staff.Read Also : RBI issues initiatives to strengthen 1,514 Urban Co-operative Banks
News Must Read
- AI's Revolution: People disagree on how AI can change work life
- PM Modi to inaugurate first-ever National Training Conclave
- SECI and GRIDCO Odisha signed an agreement
- CIL Chairman Pramod Agarwal reviews WCL
- NHDC to construct 525 MW Pumped Storage Power Project to meet peak hour energy demand of MP
- Speeding up Hydro Power: CEA Fast-tracks Approval Mechanism for Pumped Storage Projects
- WhatsApp unveiled new feature called 'Channels'
- RBI not looking to withdraw 500 notes or re-introducing Rs 1,000 currency: Governor
- DRDO flight-tested ‘Agni Prime’ ballistic missile
- J&K Jaiswal Bridge over Chenab has been completed: Nitin Gadkari