BCCL starts Commercial Operations of 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery
The washery was formally inaugurated by Union Minister of Coal, Mines, and Parliamentary Affairs Shri Pralhad Joshi in March 2022.
New Delhi: Bharat Coking Coal Limited (BCCL), under the Ministry of Coal has announced the initiation of commercial operations at the state-of-the-art 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery. The washery started commercial operations on 29th November 2023 in the presence and guidance of Shri Samiran Dutta, CMD, BCCL.
The washery was formally inaugurated by Union Minister of Coal, Mines, and Parliamentary Affairs Shri Pralhad Joshi in March 2022. Subsequently, rigorous Load Tests, Trial Run and Performance Guarantee Tests (PGT) have been conducted to ensure its operational efficacy.Read Also : NBCC Signs MoU with Telangana High Court
This technologically advanced washery stands out for its logistical efficiency and cutting-edge technology, solidifying its position as one of the largest Coking Coal Washeries in India. This coking coal washery will serve as a catalyst for the vision of AtmaNirbhar Bharat by enabling the country to supply more washed coking coal to the steel sector, thereby reducing the outflow of foreign exchange through imports of coking coal.Read Also : PM Modi inaugurates NBCC built Indian Institute of Skills, Kanpur
The commencement of commercial production at this washery reflects BCCL's consistent effort towards import substitution of coking coal in India, a crucial step considering the current challenges faced by the steel industry due to the soaring prices of imported coking coal. Furthermore, this initiative aligns with the goal of import substitution by augmenting the supply of indigenous washed coking coal at competitive prices, propelling the growth of the economy.
The washery ensures the supply of consistent quality washed coking coal to the steel sector, facilitating efficient utilization of our limited coking coal reserves through advanced washing processes.Read Also : NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
News Must Read
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore
- SECL Makes History as First Coal Company to Procure Over Rs 10,000 Crore via GeM