BE Team Assessment Visit studied community development initiatives by NTPC Bongaigaon
The six-member team led by Quality Champion Shri M. Sankar Subbu distributed blankets today to the senior citizens belonging to the below-poverty line category of nearby villages under Corporate Social Responsibility.
The Business Excellence Assessors Team who were on a four-day visit to NTPC Bongaigaon made an elaborate assessment study of the various community initiatives of NTPC Bongaigaon.
The six member team led by Quality Champion Shri M. Sankar Subbu distributed blankets today to the senior citizens belonging to the below poverty line category of nearby villages under Corporate Social Responsibility. The event holds significance considering the recent harsh winters prevailing in the region. Shri Satyendra Kumar Sarkar, President, Salakari Acchalik Senior Citizen Mancha, Salakati thanked NTPC Bongaigaon for the noble initiative.
The team of Business Excellence Assessors also interacted with various stakeholders and beneficiaries of NTPC Bongaigaon which included the GEM Children and their parents, the sewing class trainer, Disha Class (an initiative of e-voice), Head Teacher of Salakati ME School and media persons.Read Also : Tips for Managing Teeth Sensitivity
Later the team visited the ITI Salakati supported by NTPC Bongaigaon and interacted with the students and faculties. The team also visited the Bodoland Silk Park and understood the process cycle starting from the reeling, weaving process to the display of the final product of the facility.
The team later handed out nutritional support kits to TB patients in the presence of Smt. Kabita Deka, Addl. District Commissioner, Kokrajhar and Dr. Kaushik Das, District TB Officer. NTPC Bongaigaon has adopted 100 TB patients from nearby areas and to this noble initiative, the certificate of Nikshay Mitra was also presented to NTPC Bongaigaon to Dr. Ela Chakraborty, CMO, NTPC Bongaigaon.Read Also : Coal India signs JV Agreement with BHEL
It is pertinent to mention that Business Excellence Assessment of the station holds significant importance towards improving the efficiency of various systems and processes within the organisation and sets a benchmark for operational excellence in various areas.
The expert team of assessors included Sh. Debabrata Paul, Senior Assessor and Former Executive Director (NTPC), Sh. Vemula Hari Hara Rayalu, Assessor and AGM FM, NTPC Barh, Sh. Rahul Verma, Assessor and AGM EMD, NTPC Vindhyachal, Sh. Manoj Kumar Pandey, Assessor and AGM Operation, NTPC Dadri, Sh. Samund Singh Narula, Assessor and DGM FM, NTPC Sipat.Read Also : NCL exceeds 125 million tonnes of coal production
News Must Read
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut