BEL receives Green Channel Status Certificate for two products
The Ministry of Defence promulgated the Green Channel Policy for promoting ease of doing business as part of its ‘Make in India’ initiatives.
New Delhi: BEL has been awarded Green Channel Status Certificate for two products: HUMSA NG and HUMSA UG. Lt Gen R K Malhotra, DGQA, & Rear Admiral Sanjay Sharma, ADGQA, is seen in the photos presenting the Green Channel certificate to the BEL Naval team comprising Mr Thandayuthapani M, AGM (Mfg/S&CS/NS)/BEL-Bangalore, Mr R Satyanarayana Murthy, Sr DGM (QA/NS-1)/BG, and Mrs Indu, DGM (QA/NS-1)/BG, at Sena Bhavan, New Delhi, on August 1, 2022. Mr R S Kutiyal, AGM (Navy-National Marketing), is also seen.
The Ministry of Defence promulgated the Green Channel Policy for promoting ease of doing business as part of its ‘Make in India’ initiatives. A mechanism has been set up to award Green Channel Status to firms with pre-defined financial and quality credentials for broad categories of items having continuous requirements in the Defence Forces. Responsibility of the inspection of goods is given to the firms, after their credentials are verified by the Green Channel Committee (GCC), comprising of various stakeholders from DGQA and the procurement ecosystem.
Green Channel Status is the authority given by the Purchaser to the Manufacturer to formally certify its products or stores on behalf of the purchaser or any other authority designated by him, after having verified the Firm’s infrastructure, quality policies, and practices to produce and supply goods of specified quality. The Purchaser’s confidence in the Firm’s Quality Assurance is the central tenet in awarding of Green Channel Status.Read Also : Aviation Ministry's initiatives for workforce expansion in DGCA, AERA and AAI
News Must Read
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus