CONCOR and ITE's World's First 40FT IceBattery Container Embarks on Historic Journey
The historic departure of the IceBattery container marked a remarkable achievement for CONCOR and ITE, the companies that developed this innovative new technology.
New Delhi: On November 2, 2023, a train carrying the world's first 40FT IceBattery container embarked on a historic journey, departing ICD Dadri on the Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) with a green flag and the words "Green Cold Chain" emblazoned on its side.
The historic departure of the IceBattery container marked a remarkable achievement for CONCOR and ITE, the companies that developed this innovative new technology. The IceBattery container is a passive cold chain solution that uses a unique thermal battery to maintain temperatures for up to three days without the need for external power. This makes it ideal for transporting perishable goods over long distances, even in remote areas where there is limited access to electricity.
Read Also : THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
The use of IceBattery containers has the potential to revolutionize cold chain logistics and make it more sustainable. Traditional cold chain solutions rely on diesel generators to power refrigeration units, which can emit significant amounts of CO2. IceBattery containers, on the other hand, produce zero emissions during operation, making them a more environmentally friendly option.Read Also : RITES Mukta Mitra wins 'Emerging Metro Woman of the Year' award
News Must Read
- THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
- NECC bags order from GAIL, Worth Rs.52 crore
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage
- CDS Inaugurates HAL’s Avionics Expo 2023 in Delhi, Hails HAL’s Commitment towards Atmanirbharta