Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
The car rally was flagged off from Lonavala by Cmde Mohit Goel, NM, Commanding Officer, INS Shivaji on 24 Sep 23. The rally will be conducted in three legs.
New Delhi: In continuation with the vision of national leadership towards developing remote areas, the Indian Navy has embarked on a multifaceted outreach program to strengthen connect with the North Eastern states of India. A Motor Car Expedition, Khamree Mo Sikkim! (Hello Sikkim) from INS Shivaji at Lonavala, Maharashtra to Sikkim traversing through several states covering a distance of 6500 km is being conducted from 24 Sep - 15 Oct 23.
The team comprises of Naval personnel including women officers and NWWA members showcasing 'Nari Shakti'. The event aims to promote participation of youth from Sikkim in defence services, enhance maritime consciousness in the region and strengthen nation-building.
The car rally was flagged off from Lonavala by Cmde Mohit Goel, NM, Commanding Officer, INS Shivaji on 24 Sep 23. The rally will be conducted in three legs. The first leg includes halts at Mhow, Jhansi, Lucknow, Varanasi and Bagdogra.Read Also : Air Marshal Praveen Keshav Vohra takes over as Senior Air Staff Officer of Western Air Command, IAF
The second leg will travel inside Sikkim starting from Gangtok. The third leg will touch Kolkata, Bhubaneswar, Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Pune. During the car rally, the participants would interact with students at various schools, veterans and conduct outreach programs & awareness drives.
The expedition planned over 22 days is partnered with M/s Maruti Suzuki India Limited along with Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (as fuel partner).Read Also : iDEX-DIO signs 300th contract for Defence Innovation
News Must Read
- CIL's November coal output jumps 11% to 65.97 million tonnes
- REC's CSR arm signs Rs 8 Crore agreement
- SJVN synchronizes Second Unit of Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project
- BCCL starts Commercial Operations of 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'