IRCTC Q4 Results: Reports 30% jump in Profit to Rs 279 cr; declared final dividend at Rs 2/share
New Delhi: The Indian public sector undertaking, IRCTC on Monday, May 29 posted growth in its year-on-year standalone net profit of 30 per cent to Rs 279 crore for the fourth quarter ended March. The company posted a net profit of Rs 214 crore in the last-year period.
IRCTC's board for Financial Year 2022-23 recommended a final dividend of Rs 2 per equity share of face value of Rs 2 each which will be an addition to the interim dividend of Rs 3.50 per share declared by the Board in February.Read Also : REC Limited collaborates with SAI and AFI
However, the company's Revenue from operations surged 40% to Rs 965 crore for the March quarter. It was Rs 691 crore in the corresponding quarter of last year.
Meanwhile, the Indian railway's arm posted a profit after tax in the quarter fourth of Rs 256 crore. Revenues increased 5% quarter-on-quarter from Rs 918 crore in the third quarter.Read Also : NTPC to Upgrade Infra and Education in Arunachal Pradesh with MoAs with VKV Trust
For the current Financial Year 2022-23, net income on account of Exceptional items amounting to Rs 2720.00 Lakhs includes:
(i) Rs 1198.59 Lakhs being excess provisions written back for previous years relating to Performance Related Pay (PRP),
(ii) Rs 1085.74 lakhs being excess provisions written back for previous years relating to Maintenance & Development charges for Internet Ticketing and
(iii) Rs 435.67 Lakhs being excess provisions written back for previous years relating to various other expenses.
For the Financial Year 2021-22, net Exceptional expenses amounting Rs 400.45 Lakhs includes:
(i) Rs 2248.54 Lakhs being reversal of excess provisions for previous years relating to Performance Related Pay,
(ii) Rs 2713.32 lakhs being expense on account of 15% Railway share in profits of Railneer plants up to 31.3.2021 (refer Note no.5);
and (iii) Rs 64.33 Lakhs being excess provisions written back for previous years relating to various other expenses.Read Also : AAI conducts four-day-long Advanced Training Session
News Must Read
- NLC India Signs Power Purchase Agreement with GRIDCO
- Coal Ministry, NTPC, and NML signs Deed of Adherence
- Yatish Kumar's first poetry collection 'Antas Ki Khurchan' received the 'Maithili Sharan Gupt Award'
- EIL signs MOU with Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi